LindaGHill said “Your Friday prompt for Stream of Consciousness Saturday is: “expect/unexpected.” Use either or both words in your post, or simply base your idea on them. Have fun!”
Sorry this is so late!
Here is the pingback.
I did not expect to return to angst, I did not expect the unexpected to rear up and bite me in the bum!
Stress between middle son and husband exploded! That was to be expected he ( middle son ) has been pushing our patience for years now. I am forgiving of his shortcomings and faults, I am his mother what more would you expect? His father though had had enough! That also not unexpected.
Anyway it all blew almost as we walked through the door after having been travelling, mostly for the last three days.
The proverbial hit the fan, tempers frayed and broke ,
Words best left unsaid were spoke .
Belongings removed in silence, looks so black cast my way.
Husband tells me it’s all my fault, well it would be , hey?
I never disciplined them enough .
Well I did my best… not good enough…. tough!!
All my fault well that’s to be expected….it’s not unexpected to get the blame!
Here are the rules:
1. Your post must be stream of consciousness writing, meaning no editing, (typos can be fixed) and minimal planning on what you’re going to write.
2. Your post can be as long or as short as you want it to be. One sentence – one thousand words. Fact, fiction, poetry – it doesn’t matter. Just let the words carry you along until you’re ready to stop.
3. There will be a prompt every week. Linda will post the prompt on her blog on Friday, along with a reminder for you to join in. The prompt will be one random thing, but it will not be a subject. For instance, Linda will not say “Write about dogs”; the prompt will be more like, “Make your first sentence a question,” or “Begin with the word ‘The’.”
4. Ping back! It’s important, so that Linda and other people can come and read your post! For example, in your post you can write “This post is part of SoCS:” and then copy and paste the URL found in your address bar at the top of Linda’s post into yours. Your link will show up in Linda’s comments, for everyone to see. The most recent pingbacks will be found at the top.
5. Read at least one other person’s blog who has linked back their post. Even better, read everyone’s! If you’re the first person to link back, you can check back later, or go to the previous week, by following my category, “Stream of Consciousness Saturday,” which you’ll find right below the “Like” button on Linda’s post.
6. Copy and paste the rules (if you’d like to) in your post. The more people who join in, the more new bloggers you’ll meet and the bigger your community will get!
7. Have fun!