Your Friday prompt for Stream of Consciousness Saturday is: “mind.” Use it any way you think to. Have fun!
Don’t mind me she screamed at the truck as it sped past soaking her from head to foot! Why can’t anyone be mindful of her? Let’s face it she has to pay mind to everyone else! Everyone was always telling her, mind your Ps and Qs, take care, mind how you go!
Tired and wet she trudged home only to be reminded with each step how much she minded no one seeming to see her point of view! Here she was wet and cold late at night and all thanks to some nameless mindless driver who paid her no mind as she had stood at the side of the road!
Never mind her mum said as she stood in the hall shivering, go and have a hot bath and I shall make you a hot chocolate . She started up the stairs beginning to feel a little better, thanks mum she called over her shoulder, I have had really bad day! Never mind her mum shouted back .
Here are the rules:
1. Your post must be stream of consciousness writing, meaning no editing, (typos can be fixed) and minimal planning on what you’re going to write.
2. Your post can be as long or as short as you want it to be. One sentence – one thousand words. Fact, fiction, poetry – it doesn’t matter. Just let the words carry you along until you’re ready to stop.
3. There will be a prompt every week. Linda will post the prompt on her blog on Friday, along with a reminder for you to join in. The prompt will be one random thing, but it will not be a subject. For instance, Linda will not say “Write about dogs”; the prompt will be more like, “Make your first sentence a question,” or “Begin with the word ‘The’.”
4. Ping back! It’s important, so that Linda and other people can come and read your post! For example, in your post you can write “This post is part of SoCS:” and then copy and paste the URL found in your address bar at the top of Linda’s post into yours. Your link will show up in Linda’s comments, for everyone to see. The most recent pingbacks will be found at the top.
5. Read at least one other person’s blog who has linked back their post. Even better, read everyone’s! If you’re the first person to link back, you can check back later, or go to the previous week, by following my category, “Stream of Consciousness Saturday,” which you’ll find right below the “Like” button on Linda’s post.
6. Copy and paste the rules (if you’d like to) in your post. The more people who join in, the more new bloggers you’ll meet and the bigger your community will get!
7. Have fun!